Thursday, May 29, 2008

This is the left and this is the right

Dear Man in the Red Truck:

Yes. We're all driving towards the freeway. We're all trying to get on with our day and get things done.

Here I am in the right-hand lane. There you are in the left-hand lane.

You do know that a half block from the freeway, the right lane (MY lane) branches out into two lanes. Two lanes that make a right-hand turn onto the freeway.

I'm sure you know that the left lane (YOUR lane) branches out into three lanes. Two lanes that go straight and one lane that turns left going northbound onto the freeway.

Why oh why must you decide to change into my lane? JUST as my lane branches out into two turn lanes? I'm sitting there singing my heart out with my kids and your truck cuts me off.

But what takes the cake? Is that you start flipping me off.

YES! You decide for some reason that I'm retaliating at you and you flip me off. Not once, but THREE times!

[scratching head]

I guess that my kids would say my singing might be a way of retaliating. But man, what were YOU thinking as you flipped me off? I mean, you couldn't even hear my off-key and loud singing. If anyone should have done any flipping off, it would be me. You're the one who cut me off.

What I do have to say to you is....GET A LIFE! There would be no flipping off if you'd just drive in the right lane. Seriously. It's not that hard.

Regards,

Grace

No comments: