Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Guess who knows?!?

I broke down yesterday and let my Mom in on the news. Or should I say...the PLANS.

Me: So when are you going to retire Mom?
Mom: Well....[hesitating]...I can't stay with your Dad 24 hours a day...
Me: Okay. Okay. Here's something to think about. What if you could stay with us for part of the day?
Mom: What do you mean?
Me: The Hubs and I are both sending out resumes for opportunities out there.
Mom: You are? [excitedly]
Me: Yes. We're sending resumes out right now. And since both of us will have to work full-time to be able to live out there, then we were wondering if you could help us out with the kids.
Mom: Oh yeah!
Me: We're planning to move out by September. BEFORE the start of the school year.
Mom: That soon?
Me: We want to be out there before school starts. Since both kids will be in school in the fall, then you could come to our house for part of the day. You'd need to get them from school...
Mom: That sounds like a good plan.
Me: Well, we were hoping that you'd be able to help out. But I wanted to be sure to talk to you about it.
Mom: Good. I'm glad you did. Just let me know when you'll be here.
Me: I will.
Mom: I'm going to tell you Dad.

Anyway...my Mom is excited. I think she's glad that 3 of her 4 girls will be near her. Plus she will love that two more of her grandkids will be close. That she'll be able to watch them grow up. AND she won't be stuck with my Dad all day. Every day. She'll be able to hang out at our place and get away from him. Good plan? We hope it'll happen within the next few months....

No comments: