Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things to look forward to

I'm already dreaming about things I'll be able to have easy access to when we eventually move.

  • Easy access to Hawaiian food (L&L Hawaiian BBQ anyone?)
  • Easy access to just baked HOT pandesol (a Filipino roll that is slightly sweet)
  • Being close to my Mom's cooking -- yummy!
  • Having close access to the beach -- 30 minutes max
  • Having close access to the mountains -- may an hour drive?
  • Having close access to the desert (like I'm going to want to do THAT after living in Arizona for 12 years...ha!)
  • The ability to have the kids spend time with their cousins -- priceless!! -- 30 minutes drive time versus 7 hours
  • The ability to have my folks help with my kidlings -- priceless!
  • The ability to have lunch with my sisters...just because....
  • Being able to spend special days (birthdays/anniversaries/etc) with my family
  • Having picnics and gatherings actually DOING stuff (rather than sitting on our behinds watchig tv)

It's going to be stressful to get out there. But MAN there is so much to look forward to. The cost of living is going to jump dramatically but that's why we BOTH have to work. The benefits of moving are priceless. PRICELESS. I'm already fantasizing about our life out there. [sigh]

No comments: