Saturday, May 24, 2008

Summer, Summer, Summertime...

It might be an old song but it's a catchy one that always gets me going.

We dropped the kids off by 11am this morning. They happily waved bye to us. They were happy to spend 'special time' with their grandparents. I'm happy that they're happy to stay with family.

The Hubs and I had a leisurely lunch together. We meandered the mall for a few hours. We rarely go to the mall. And when we do? We go in and out like we're on a mission. Today we weren't on a mission. I was able to get a great pair of dress shoes. Dressy for me as I normally just wear flip-flops and Keds. I also got three button-down shirts. Work shirts and work shoes. Yes. I'm getting ready for it. Luckily, I had gift cards so I didn't spend ONE DIME on the clothes. Woohoo! That's the BEST shopping ever.

We drove home after that. I was getting drowsy on the drive home. I'm sure the Hubs was feeling weary as well. When we got home? We both crashed. I was out for 2 hours. The Hubs was out for 3.5. Yes. THREE AND A HALF HOURS. And the Hubs won't have any issues falling asleep tonight either. He's just that way. He loves to sleep.

When the kids get back, summer will roll out big out. The Princess will begin her YMCA camp stuff. The Bear will head out to morning swim classes. Our new neighborhood library opens in 2 weeks. It's only 1 mile from our house! It's going to be great to have a HUGE library so close to home. And our local movie theater announced that it's got "KID" movies showing at 10am each weekday. Did I mention that the 10am shows are...[clearing throat]...free? YES! They are showing FREE movies. Halleluia! Thankfully it's every weekday and not just one day per week. This way there's a chance that the place won't be jam-packed.

I'm going to spend some time figuring out "other" things for the kids to do. Hopefully I'll find other little events that'll keep them from being bored. Ah...summer...

No comments: