Thursday, May 8, 2008

We've been attacked once more

My flowers...my flowers!

Those darn bunny rabbits have been ravaging my daisies again. I don't know what strain of daisy we've got but it seems to be a favorite of the bunnies in our neighborhood. We recently noticed that the buds were being bitten off. They were separated right under the flower bud. Each morning we'd see buds all on the rocks around each plant.

Thankfully I do have some plants in a couple pots. THESE daisies are safe. I've been watering them daily and putting the plants up on a ledge before the sun sets each day. So those bunnies CANNOT reach these particular daisies.

I think the Hubs and I are going to have to relent and buy some lantana. The bunnies don't eat the lantana. And the lantana are hardy, desert plants so they should flourish with no problem. I mean, the public areas in our neighborhood have lantana flowering abundantly.

I'm pretty crushed about the realization that we won't be able to grow the daisies in the yard. Only in the elevated potted planters. [sigh] It's very disappointing.

No comments: