Tuesday, June 10, 2008

And the countdown begins...

In less than 24 hours I'll be on the road with my children. On the open straight road. If you've had a road-trip from Arizona to Southern California, you KNOW what I'm talking about. Interstate 8.

Since it's a pretty straight drive into Southern California, it can get pretty boring. As a passenger, I often fall asleep at some point or another. But I will be driving tomorrow. I'll be the ONLY driver! ARGH!

The kids and I went to the video store this morning so that they could each select a DVD to bring for the trip. I made a trip to the bank to get some dinero. On the road, I like to travel wish cold, hard cash. This way I stick to my budget. If I use my debit card? I can easily run amuck. SO. EASY.

I've got the kids clothes all packed. I haven't done a thing for myself. I've got two interviews scheduled for Thursday. I've printed out resumes and references. I've got my 2 forms of identification. I think I've got paperwork all set. I've still got to get an outfit together. Actually I'm thinking of taking two outfits. One for my definite interviews on Thursday. Another outfit for possible interviews I'll have on Friday. For my for-sure interviews, I think I'm opting for my black slacks and a french blue cotton long-sleeve shirt with white pearls. Classic. Simple. Fits the image of my profession.

[sigh]

I think the laundry is now done. I've got stuff that I want to bring in the bunch there. Gotta run for now. LOTS to do!

No comments: