Thursday, June 26, 2008

Possible...potential...maybe...we'll see...

Y'all know that the Hubs and I are hoping to find jobs in the city where I grew up.

We've both been sending out our resumes to places. I send mine out. He sends his out. I know how much time I am investing in this effort. I have no idea how much time the Hubs is putting in. I am really getting stressed about it. The timing thing, you know? With summer vacation and the 2008-2009 school year. Yes. Timing is everything.

On Tuesday night, I got a call. But I was getting the kids ready for bed, so I let the phone ring. After the kids were tucked away in their beds, I dialed into voicemail. It was a call from San Jose. Huh? The voicemail said that I'd applied for an opening in San Jose. Huh? Yeah. So I had to call the gal back and let her know that it was a mistake. That I didn't realize the position was actually in San Jose. She totally understood. But it was a positive because she was interested in me. What she wanted to know was how long it would take me to move out there in the event that I was presented with an offer. So that's how I'm going to view it. SOMEONE wanted me! Too bad the job was more than a few hundred miles away from where I actually want to be.

But on Wednesday, I had a phone interview with another company. It was with the HR manager, but I felt it went well. I was positive and in good spirits. I smiled as I spoke to her. I do believe that people can "hear" when you're in a positive mood. And that smiling on my end helps convey the feeling. You know? But we only spoke for about 25 minutes and I felt good afterward. I let her know that I'd be in town and available to speak in person on Thursday. So...hopefully I'll hear from her about arranging a time to see them next week. [crossing fingers]

I'll continue sending out my resume. And I did ask the Hubs if I could send his out for him. You know what? Before I send his out? I'm going to modify the look of it. It's too stale for me. Doesn't catch my eye. And he definitely IS a catch. Folks just can't tell from how his resume reads. I'm just going to add some polish to it. Spiff it up. We'll see if I get any 'catches' with my version. And yes. I did ask his permission. He is well aware that I am going to make it prettier.

Now would you change your spouses' resume? Would they mind?

No comments: