Monday, July 21, 2008

Out and gone...and maybe a glimmer of hope?

This Friday, my SIL is going to stop by our house and pick up the kids. It'll be last weekend visit up with my ILs for Summer 2008.

You see, the kids start school on August 4. Yes. That's in two weeks. TWO. I'm excited for them. I've got to get some backpacks and lunchbags for them this week. It'll be hot here until October, so no need to rush out and get new school clothes. They'll just wear their summer gear while it's still hot. Seriously. This week it's in the 90's. Temps will fluctuate these next couple of months from the 100s down to the 80s. It'll stabilize and get cooler by the end of October. That's when it'll be in the 60's and 70's.

The kids will spend their time swimming in my ILs pool. When the kids were up there at the end of May, my ILs pool was too cold. Apparently, the kids went in for maybe 30 minutes and were shaking like leaves. Since the pool has warmed up over the 100+ temps, the kids will probably remain poolside all weekend.

Anyway, this coming weekend will be another weekend without kids. But the Hubs and I will not be taking advantage of it this time around. No movie night. No adult dinner. Why? Because I'm heading out again for an on-site interview on Friday. ARGH! It's actually a part-time gig at full-time per hour pay. So I have to consider it. Anything that'll get my foot into the workforce out there. Geez....I'm still amazed how difficult it is to get a job out there. I know the economy is kind of slow, but employers don't seem to want to give me a chance at all. It makes me feel unwanted. I've got the work ethic. I've got experience. Just TALK to my references! They'll give you the 411 on me. [sigh]

But this interview is a glimmer of hope. The possibility. The chance.

No comments: