Saturday, July 19, 2008

Whizzing like a pro

My son has been potty trained for a long time. We started working with him at home, but he perfected going #1 when he was in preschool. The only thing? He's been sitting to urinate.

A couple months ago when I took him to the movies, I had him try urinating standing up. But it was a mess. I didn't realize how much force went through his little penis. Seriously! Since then I had the Hubs work with him at bedtime. The Hubs showed the Bear how to hold himself. How to position his legs. All those little subtle things that a Mom wouldn't know about. Because DANG I didn't realize how much pressure would flow through his penis!

But now? The kid is now standing up each and every time. YEAH! It's so great. His sitting down while urinating was one of the last semblances of him being a little guy. [sigh] He is such a BIG boy! Now I feel like he's totally ready for kindergarten.

I can just imagine the Hubs and the Bear at football games. Whizzing like pro together at a urinal.

No comments: