Saturday, August 2, 2008

Keeping our heads down

Today we're staying inside the house pretty much all day. We're hiding out.

What?

Yes. The entire family is hiding out.

Why?

Because the Neighbor-Across-The-Street (NATS) is having a party. A big party. His 50th birthday party. It's an island themed party with foo-foo-fruity drinks and island inspired food. NATS invited his entire family AND the entire neighborhood. He invited over 120 people! And it's an invitation that we declined. By the time I looked at the E-VITE online, there were 70 people that were going to attend the party. Needless to say, our family said we would not be attending.

You see, the party is happening at NATS house, which is less than 2300 square feet. And the backyard is now mainly taken up by the pool that they put in this year. I mean, there's maybe 10% of the backyard that isn't taken up by the pool and equipment. And I've been to NATS house when there's no one there...and people it's chock full of furniture. And two nervous dogs. I have no idea HOW those 70+ people are going to fit in that house.

And me? I don't like crowded places. I don't. So that's why the kids, the Hubs, and I are keeping a low profile today. Watching movies. Coloring. Just being together.

No comments: