Monday, August 18, 2008

Making me shake my head

Here's a conversation that happened this morning.

Hubs: Babe? You want the boxtop on that?
Me:
Of course I do.

I stand still and spin around the kitchen looking for a box that has a boxtop. I'm confused because I don't see a box that would have a boxtop. The Hubs notices my twirling about and points.

Hubs: THAT box. Right THERE! [in an irritated voice]

I look to where he's pointing. It's a cereal box. Okay. It's a brand that does NOT have a boxtop. Y'all know that only certain ceral manufacturers put a boxtop label on top. This brand -- the big K -- does not.

I grab the box. It's empty. And I look at the top of the box. Then I throw the box into our recycle bin.

Me: [I walk away and mumble to myself] It's called a boxtop because it's on TOP of the box. It's easy to see. And obviously that box didn't have one.

Passive aggressive. Yes. Frustrated. Yes.

I mean, he's got 20-20 vision. I mean, he's got an MBA. He couldn't look at the top of the box and see that there was no boxtop on the container? He took the time to take out internal bag from the box and throw that in the trash. He couldn't take that extra second to check for the boxtop?

BLEAH!

After that he got ready for work and didn't talk to me. Huh? What? Whatever!

No comments: