Sunday, November 2, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Entry 2

Last night I slept in the Bear's room. He has an extra mattress on the floor and that's where I slept.

He woke up around 10:30pm coughing again. And he couldn't get back to sleep. So....I asked him if he wanted me to sleep with him. He said yes. I then let him know that I'd sleep on the extra mattress so that he could have the bed. And that was fine with him. But it took him forever and a half to get to sleep! Which means it took ME forever to get to sleep. You see, I can't sleep if he's rolling and coughing. Ugh.

And this morning? The kid woke up at 6:30am. ARGH!

You'd think that when a child goes to sleep super late that the child would wake up a couple hours later than normal, right? But we're talking about my kid. My Bear.

Me: Bubby? Why are you awake so early?
Bear: The sun is shining through the side of the curtain! It's morning!

He sees the itty-bitty bits of sunlight peeking past the cracks on the side of the thick curtains. And he's ready to go. No sleeping in. Even for the weary Mom. [sigh]

No comments: