Saturday, November 29, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Entry 29

Just another day of hanging out with my peeps.

I wanted to relish in my family this weekend instead of rushing to and fro. No shopping was done - except for visits to the grocery store.

The kids and I went to the park for an hour so that they could burn off some energy. Get their blood flowing. We're waiting for Sis#2 and Jello to come over with their kids -- Mickey, Kay and Theo. My kids LOVE their cousins! LilSis and Shorty will be coming over as well. WHY is everyone coming to my Mom's? Because she is making her homemade lasagna. The stuff that we ALL love to eat. Yummy. Yummy. In the tummy!

It'll also give us time to sit and chat more. I have talked with my Mom alone every night. Last night we were up until after midnight chatting. The night before we were up until 11pm. It's just time to talk about the past. To talk about the future. Talk about politics. To discuss her plans for retirement. To talk about family. To discuss marriage. We talk about everything and anything. We talk about important stuff. And nonsense drama of folks in the entertainment industry. It's about all or nothing. But it's just a wonderful sense of good to talk to everyone.

I really think it's our investment of time with each other. To gauge whereour thoughts are at. If we're overalll happy with our lives. If we've got concerns. If we're troubled about any issue. It gives us each a good sense of where we're all at emotionally. And I love that.

I love the fact that I know my family is there. I love the fact that they know where my heart is at. I love the fact that we can be together and do nothing. And it means the world to me.

No comments: