Friday, November 7, 2008

NaBloPoMo - Entry 7

When I picked up the Bear this afternoon, the teacher approached me.

Teacher: If the Bear seems blue, there was a little incident this afternoon.
Me:
Oh? What happened?
Teacher:
All the kids were racing and one of the little girls fell. She got tripped up in another girls' feet and she hit her head. Pretty hard on the ground. The Bear took it pretty hard because he was near her.
Me: Oh. So he's blaming himself for her falling?
Teacher:
Yes. I think so. Both of your kids wear their hearts on their sleeves.

Yes. My kids do. The Bear can't stand it when the Princess gets busted. Both of them don't like getting yelled at. The Bear can suddenly burst out into tears when he sees an animal that's hurt - especially that commercial about animal rescues with Sarah McLachlan's song in the background.

But I'm not surprised. I was the same way when I was little. So I let them be. I don't make fun of their sensitivity. They should be able to express their feelings, especially now while they're young. They'll be time enough for them to suppress their emotions when they get older. You know?

Now do you have a sensitive child? What makes your children cry?

No comments: