Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Eating what you buy

On Sunday, the Hubs did something special. He went and did the weekly grocery run.

YES!

He went to the grocery store and bought our food for the week. Before he left, we made a list. Fabric softener. Ground beef for meatloaf. Chicken strips for panko-breaded chicken tenders. Shredded cheese for quesadillas. The Hubs definitely had a list to guide him.

He came home and put the groceries away as well. I came into the kitchen when he was finished putting stuff away. I went into the refrigerator to get an apple.

Me: Honey? I didn't see the shredded cheese in the drawer.
Hubs:
What? No cheese? I know I bought some.
Me:
But there's nothing in the drawer. Did you finish putting everything away?
Hubs:
I did. Maybe it's still in the car.
Me:
Okay. Go check.
[Hubs goes into the garage and searches my car]
Hubs: Well, it's not in the car. I can't believe they forgot it.

This morning I decided to make meatloaf for dinner tonight. Yummy!

Me: Hey hon? Could you take out the ground beef so it can defrost?
Hubs:
Okay.

[Hubs searches freezer]

Hubs: Uh. Hon? I can't find the ground beef.
Me:
What?
Hubs:
The ground beef isn't there.
Me:
So we don't have the shredded or the ground beef?
Hubs:
That's what it looks like.
Me:
Are the chicken strips in there?

[Hubs searches freezer]

Hubs: Nope. No chicken either.
Me:
Honey...
Hubs:
I can't believe those people.
Me:
What do you mean?
Hubs:
They forgot to put the bag into my cart.
Me:
What? Why didn't you check the check-out area before you left?
Hubs:
But they forgot to put that bag in the cart.
Me:
Okay, but didn't you notice that there was stuff missing when you were putting everything away?
Hubs:
Uh. I noticed the cheese.
Me:
Now that you know that there was a bag missing that had three major things, you'd have gone back to the store wouldn't you?
Hubs:
Yeah.

So, even though the Hubs did a great thing and went shopping on Sunday. It didn't dawn on him AT ALL that there were things missing. ARGH! Don't you all look at the check-out area to make sure that you've got all the bags before you leave the store? No matter what store. Target. Best Buy. CVS. Anywhere, right? I mean, the Hubs didn't have either of the kids with him, so there was no rush and no distractions. He just left. And then blamed the baggers for the problem. [shaking my head]

No comments: