Thursday, December 11, 2008

More sadness in my heart

Remember yesterday?

It turns out that DS got into town last night and saw her Mom.

I just found out that her Mom passed away this morning.

I'm at a loss for words. I know the heartache DS must be feeling in her heart. Even seven years later, I can remember the deep pit in my hole at losing my Grandma. I can remember the anguish on my Mom's face.

Just this Thanksgiving weekend Sis#2 started crying as she was carving the turkey in the kitchen. She was recalling how my Grandma used to hover while my sister carved because she enjoyed the crispy skin of the deep-fried turkey. All I could do was give my sister a hug and we took a moment to remember.

So during this busy and chaotic holiday season, kiss and hug everyone you love and care for. THAT is the BEST present you can give!

No comments: