Friday, February 13, 2009

Delivery time!

Tomorrow morning I'll be heading out to help the Princess' Girl Scout Leader pick-up cookies. Yes. The girls will be getting their cookies tomorrow afternoon. So be forewarned! All of you who've ordered cookies from neighborhood girls should have your checks ready.

I plan on spending the afternoon helping the Princess sort out cookie orders into bags. [sigh]

What a way to spend Valentine's Day, eh?

As far as I know the Hubs doesn't have any kind of special activity for the two of us planned. So...my plans to help the Princess won't clash with anything.

I myself haven't ordered any cookies. I know that I'll be able to buy some for the next few weeks. The Princess' troop already has a scheduled planned out for their cookie booths. Last week, the girls dedicated some time to making signs for their booth. They had a BLAST making the signs.

So be prepared! There was be Girl Scouts outside your favorite grocery stores in the next few weeks. Cookies for Sale!

My personal favorites are the Trefoils (aka Shortbread) followed by the Samoas (aka Caramel deLites). The people that placed orders with the Princess also seem to have a love of Samoas, as this particular cookie has twice as many boxes ordered than any other cookie, except one. This other cookie tied in popularity with the Samoas on the Princess' order sheet. Can you guess what it is? The Thin Mint. I have to say, I can't stand the Thin Mint. Mint and chocolate? My palate cannot stand the two flavors mixed together. This aversion has to stem from something in my childhood because I can't remember a time that I didn't dislike the very thought of the two flavors together. Of course, the Hubs thinks I'm "kookie" for not enjoying the flavors in combo.

When something happens when you're young, it kind of stays with you. It's kind of like how BigSis#2 can't stand the smell of fresh-cut grass. That's right. Freshly-cut grass makes her feel nauseous. Why? When she was in 1st or 2nd grade, she saw an older teenage boy getting beat up by another teenager as she walked home from school. Someone had just finished cutting their grass so that aroma was in the air. The association of that smell takes her back to how she felt seeing that boy getting beat up.

No comments: