Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Back into the daily groove

The kids and I had a fabulous time in San Diego.

The drive out on Friday was uneventful. We left just before 10am. We arrived at my folks a little after 4pm. We did stop and fuel up (gas & food) at our normal break area (Exit 30).

LilSis and Shorty came over around 6pm. My Mom made some shrimp pasta for dinner. YUM!

Saturday morning we went to a track invitational. Shorty helps coach some kids at his old high school. We then went to Sis#2 house. We talked and talked and played Scrabble as well.




Sunday morning the kids and I went to the beach. I'd promised them that we'd visit the beach. They've never been able to go stick their toes in the water all the different times we've been to visit my folks. ARGH! Since I promised that we'd see the ocean, then we did. The water was SO cold. I let them know that this summer we'd go to the beach and hang out longer.


It was Jello's older sister's husband's birthday, so we helped him celebrate. Sis#2 made a fabulous red velvet cake. We had spaghetti with homemade meatballs, pancit, corn, fruit salad, garlic bread and a fruit tart as well. It was a fun afternoon.

I've given you a short synopsis. I didn't get into many of the details. But we had a BLAST.

No comments: