Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Trying to stay clear and smooth

I'm one of those people who has struggled with acne since I was a teenager. I don't get the teeny tiny little pimples. I'd get the large eruptions under my skin that would hurt to touch. Yes.

When I was a teenager I'd use the regular drug store items. Neutrogena. Remember Sea Breeze? It worked fine.

Then when I was in my mid-20s, I started to get some serious break-outs. It was embarrassing. [sigh] Thankfully, I found a system that worked for me. I happened to catch Jennifer Flavin on HSN. The Serious Skin Care line became my best buddy for the next decade.

Last year? I started to break out. AGAIN! How frustrated was I? But my sister mentioned that she used Proactiv and it worked to keep her skin in check. What did I have to lose? I bought a sample kit from the website . And it started to get things under control. So I've been using it ever since.

I ran out of the toner over the weekend. I was also pretty close to running out of the repairing lotion. So since I hadn't ordered from the website already and didn't want to wait? I drove down to the mall and got the 3-piece kit. I paid and then left. But as I was driving home I thought about the cost. It seemed a little high. When I got home I took a closer look at the receipt. it cost $49.95 for the kit and then they charged me tax. WTF?

I am NEVER going to buy the kits at the mall. Those kiosks really bump up theprice. I mean, on the Proactiv website, the 3-piece kit is $39.95!!!! So I was charged TEN dollars more for the kit. TEN. DOLLARS. Granted...I'll have to pay shiping and handling, but it couldn't be more than $10.

Wait! I just looked at the website...they've got FREE shipping for 5-7 day deliveries. So y'all in this economy take a look at EVERYTHING you buy. You'll be surprised where you can find some cost savings. Next time around I'm going to save a few bucks on my facial care. Where is the most unusual place where you've been able to find some cost savings?

No comments: