Friday, May 29, 2009

Back in the saddle again

Do you recall when I mentioned that my SIL lost her job?

In early November she told us that her boss had approached her and asked what she thought about the possibility of a coming RIF. My SIL told my MIL/FIL that she was seriously considering it because she'd get a package. She indicated that she'd been kind of looking for a job already so she could easily land one and be getting TWO paychecks! A-ha!

The Hubs got a call last night from my SIL. She JUST accepted an offer and is starting Monday.

So she lost her job a week before Christmas and just landed a job starting June 1. So it took about 5 1/2 months to find a job.

I seriously have to laugh because she was all giddy in November about the thought of having two means of income at once. That she was so cocky about how easily it would be to get a new job. Sure, she has a bachelor's degree in Psychology and a Masters degree. I know that I would dislike her if I worked with her. She is one of those people who puts out just enough effort to get by. She doesn't put in that extra bit to make things better/more efficient/nicer. You know? Probably why she was approached to be part of that RIF.

Anyway, I hope that she's now been humbled by the last 5 1/2 months. Hopefully she'll put more effort into this new job.

Did you lose your job in the last year? How long did it take for you to start a new one? Or are you still on the hunt?

No comments: