Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Buying Supplies & Packing

The kids and I made a run to Tar-jay this morning. We had to pick up some items for our 7-day trip as the Three Amigos.
  • Contact lens cleaner
  • Toothbrush covers
  • Sunscreen for the body
  • Sunscreen for the face
  • Kids' soap for the hair/body (so I only have to deal with one bottle)
  • Unscented Eucerin (which we can all use)
  • Small pack of Wet Ones (I'll carry this in my purse)
  • Travel-size Tylenol Rapid Release gels (for when I get an inevitable headache)
I've got most of the kids' clothes set aside. Washed and ready to go. Jackets. Shorts. T-shirts. Jammies. I've still got to throw their swimsuits (the hotel has a heated outdoor pool) and goggles into the pile. And for me? I've got nothing of mine set aside as yet (go figure!).

I am contemplating something though. Since we're driving out, I was thinking of putting our clothes into plastic bins rather than dufflebags.

The clear plastic will make things easier to find. When we're at the hotel, I can easily stack the totes into the closet rather than having bags strewn on the floor. What do you think?

Have you ever traveled using these type of plastic boxes instead of luggage? Did you like it? Dislike it?

No comments: