Monday, May 25, 2009

It seriously can't be that hard

After last Monday's game, Coach R made sure to yell up to us parents that we had a game on Thursday instead of practice. He wanted to make sure the kids were wearing their uniforms out to the practice field.

On Thursday about 30 minutes before the scheduled gametime, I piled the kids into the car after a cloudy day and drove to the practice field. No one was around. NO.ONE.

I guessed that people were just delayed, so I had the kids play on the park equipment.

FIVE minutes before gametime? We were still the only ones there.

I got the kids into the car and was about the get back onto the main road when I saw another Mom turn into the parking lot. She looked at me. I looked at her. I backed up and we waited a little longer together. Her son played with mine.

Twenty minutes after the scheduled gametime we called it a day.

No one else showed up.

I was pissed.

I found out at Saturday's game that everyone else got a phone call that there was no game. There are only 13 kids on the team. And TWO of the kids are Coach R's. So that's 11 phone calls max that needed to be made.

How hard is it to call 11 people? Apparently it's REALLY hard for our Coach and his girlfriend. Because two of us families didn't get a call.

I'm happy that the Bear has had such a good time with baseball. I'm just glad that this season is almost over.

No comments: