Friday, May 15, 2009

The vagueness grates on my nerves

I can't stand it when people from work do not clearly state their wants/needs on the emails they send out.

What the heck do you want?

If you were here? You'd probably hear me say that phrase at least once a day.

I work for a virtual company. This is my 3rd virtual job since I got back into the workforce. So I'm pretty keen at organizing my work, figuring out what I need to do and how I need to request things from others.

These other people that I work with? This just may be their first real experience with working with a virtual company. And it's pretty clear who is new to the game.

Just because we can't SEE you? We can tell if you're doing your job. Especially if what I need to do hinges on you completing your work. There are a couple folks that I need to email when THEIR workload is backed up. Which means I'm backed up. And I totally dislike being backed up on my work. I don't mind a 2 to 3 day delay on you completing your work. It's when the information has been sitting there a WEEK or more that I get all hot and bothered.

Then there's the guy whose team of four can't seem to get things straight. I'm having to deal with the fall-out. Just today I got blamed for something that was "active" in one sytem when apparently it messes up with this guy's team's system. Umm....no one informed me specifically that I needed to modify my workflow. That's all I need. Don't give me two paragraphs of mumbo-jumbo. Give me one clear sentence saying to NOT click a certain flag. Is it really that hard?

ARGH!

No comments: