Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Frazzled to my very last nerve [updated]

Oh my good gracious!

I'm frazzled as frazzled can be right now. Why?

Because I'm hearing "something" up in the air duct in the den.

I woke up this morning soon after the Hubs got out of bed. As I finished washing my face, he comes into the bedroom.
Hubs: Babe. Come here.
He had a thoroughly serious tone to his voice so I knew something was up. I quickly followed him. He walked quickly to the den. And then. Stopped.
Hubs: Do you hear that?
Me: What?
Hubs: Listen.
Then I heard it. A russling. Something moving in the duct.

Needless to say, the Hubs has called someone to come in and check out the duct. Someone will be calling around 8am when the shop opens. Funny thing is that the Hubs talked to a live person at 6am when he called. Yes. Someone answered! Hopefully someone wasn't already IN the office. Hopefully that poor gal just has the office phone forwarded to a work cell or something so she can field calls (from anxious folks like us) during the off hours.

Now have YOU ever had anything stuck in your ducts? When? What was it?

--------------- updated
@ 10:15 am ---------------

I do believe that I've found the culprit that made all the ruckus in our vent.

I'd started a load of the Princess' stinky clothes into the washer earlier today and I was going to move things over to the dryer. And I saw THIS on the tile in front of the washer.

It wasn't moving. It was just laying there. So I ran and grabbed a plastic snackbag. And slid the darn thing in there. It still didn't move. I figured that it might have been a plastic bug that dropped out of the Princess' pocket. Something she got from Girl Scout camp? But I wasn't taking any chances.

But I do believe this was the little sucker that was in the A/C vent above our den. You see, the laundry room is on the other side of the wall from the den. So I guess that the bug crawled through the tubing and dropped out of the vent in the laundry room.

I haven't heard any sounds from the vent in the den since I found this sucker.

We are getting a visit from a "pest control" person after lunch today though. If there's one bug? There's gotta be more. bleach!

No comments: