Saturday, August 29, 2009

Oh heck...I've got a tween

Yesterday, the Princess came home all giddy.

She's excited about today. The school has a meet-n-greet combined with a Book Fair this afternoon at the local YMCA. Yes. She's excited about seeing all the books but she's MORE excited about performing.

You see, she's part of a new "steel pan" group at the school. And today is the group's first performance.

So my girl is nervous and excited. She's pretty shy so she's anxious. She's just like me when I was a kid.

Anyway, her group practices from 3pm-4pm every Monday and Friday. She's the only girl in her group.

As I talked with her as she got ready for bed last night, she informed me that one of the boys in her steel pan group likes her. She also mentioned the other boy in her class that apparently likes her.

Yes. TWO boys apparently "like" my daughter. My EIGHT year old daughter. Okay. She's almost nine. But still!

I'll be meeting both these boys today at the Book Fair. And I'm going to take photos of them so I remember which one is which.

I remember when I had crushes on boys when I was in elementary school. It was no big deal. But it's a new generation. I'll be monitoring the boy situation and try not to intervene (aka BUT IN). It's just weird knowing that boys are attracted to my daughter. I know she's a beautiful, intelligent, sweet, and kind girl. I guess I should have known that this moment would eventually come. I just didn't know it would be this soon.

[sigh] I feel old now...

No comments: