Saturday, August 22, 2009

What a difference a day makes

On Monday and Friday afternoons, I have two different pick-up times for the kids. I get the Bear the normal time -- 2:45pm. The Princess attends a music club, so we come back and get her around 4pm.

Yesterday was no different.

When I picked up the Bear at 2:50pm, it was hot as hot can be. Around 94*.


When the Bear and I came back to the school at 4pm, it had cooled down to 74*.


The first photo above is a photo I took right as I left our neighborhood. I had turned on the radio and heard "A Severe Weather Warning" being announced. But what's funny is that this photo was taken as I looked West from our neighborhood when I heard the weather warning. But...I saw to the Southeast that there were a bunch of ominous clouds.

I got the Bear and we headed to the indoor mall about 5 minutes from the school rather than ddrive all the way home. When we walked into the mall, the wind picked up something fierce. The wind was SO strong that I had a difficult time opening up the door to Barnes & Noble! And as the Bear and I placed our strawberry-banana shake order at the Food Court, the lights flickered on and off. That was a sign that the storm had hit the mall. We glanced out at the glass wall and saw the trees outside whipping back and forth. There was a torrential amount of rain coming down. The guy at the shake place that took our order suddenly had a horrified look on his face.
Oh no. I think I left my moonroof open.
Dang! From the amount of rain that I saw through the glass? The inside of this poor guy's car was already soaking wet.

You see that 2nd photo? I took it as we drove home from the kids' school headed West. Yup. See how dark that sky looks? I'm amazed how the sky changed within an hour. Aren't you?

No comments: