Saturday, October 17, 2009

Forced social event day

Today is my nephew's first birthday. Normally I'd be excited to get together with family and catch up. But this is my nephew on my husband's side of the family.

Yeah.

While I'll be happy to see my BIL's wife and my nephew? I am not so excited to spend time with my MIL and SIL. It's just not something that warms my heart and makes me happy. I like to avoid situations that don't make me happy, but this? I can't avoid. It's a forced social event that I MUST attend. [sigh]

It'll be an all afternoon event. We have to drive up (1.5 hours), attend the party (2 hours), and drive back home (1.5 hours). So it eats up our entire afternoon.

Since the party will be held at a park, I won't be stuck in one room. I'll happily go off and play with my kiddos. I'm putting in a football, a frisbee, and our baseball gloves & balls into my car before we leave. This way I'll be able to do something other than sit on my kiester having to make small talk.

Hopefully I'll be able to capture some nice photos of the kiddos. I'll post them later if I'm not too tired.

Have a great day all!

No comments: