Thursday, November 19, 2009

NaBloPoMo - Entry 19

This morning turned out to be a time for appointments.

I showed up to my dental cleaning about 15 minutes early in the hopes that they'd be able to get me in before my appointment time. They got me in the back about 10 minutes before my designated time but the cleaning was with a new hygenist who was VERY thorough. I appreciate that she was thorough but she was also very chatty. Which meant? The typical 20 minute cleaning took over 30 minutes.

Normally this wouldn't be a problem but I only had a half hour between my dental and hair appointments. Needless to say? I was late for my haircut. Thankfully I was able to grab my phone and make a quicky call to the salon to let them know I was running late.

Of course, my stylist was not phased by my lateness. She's now at the original salon where I found her. And wouldn't you know it? She's pregnant. Almost EIGHT months pregnant! She's due the first week in January. I am such a nerd that I didn't notice during my previous haircut but she BARELY shows.

Anyway, she had a grand old time hacking away at my hair. I was seriously in need to a cut. I was all bushy. She cut at least 2 inches off the back. It's only been about eight weeks since my last cut and she cut TWO inches off. She and I were both amazed at how much she had to hack off. My hair now has some shape to it. I am immensely happy with it. This cut will definitely take me through both Thanksgiving and Christmas without looking yucky.

Woohoo!!!

No comments: