Sunday, December 20, 2009

Browsing here and there

I recently went to Kohl's to spend my Bonus Cash. I went without the kids or the Hubs. Yeah!

I had time to browse. I had time to really check things out. And I had time to try things on!

I haven't bought anything for myself in ages. Oh wait! I did buy a few dresses for myself in August. But pants are a totally different kind of thing. Pants actually have to fit on my waist and my hips and be the right length. The length. The LENGTH! This is something that KILLS me. I am only 5' 2-1/2" feet tall. Yes. I'm a shorty. And petite pants are usually too short for me. And regular pants end up being too long. Ah-yay-yay!

Because I hadn't bought anything in a long time I wasn't sure what size to get. I started in the petite section and picked up my normal size. Then I went to the fitting room and put the pants on. It was a mess. The pants were huge. SCORE! But I had to go out again and pick up pants in a smaller size. I am now a solid size smaller than I used to be. The size I used to be? I was actually on the far end of that size. Barely fitting. So it feels nice to have to get smaller clothes.

But people? Since dropping the weight, I've lost my butt. I didn't have much of one to start with. I've never possessed a round hiney. It's always been kinda flat. Now? It's even more flat.

I ended up not buying any pants. But I did purchase a beautiful shirt. A long-sleeve gauzy black shirt with tiny polka dots on it. I want to wear it for Christmas day at my sister's house. I'll be covered and yet showing my new figure. Yippee!

No comments: