Monday, March 15, 2010

And I'll do this....and you do that...

Some folks are big on parties. I'm not a big party person. I can take it or leave it. I guess I just don't like the organizing of a party the most.

Well, my BILs birthday is fast approaching. The other weekend when we were visiting my ILs, my MIL talked to us about this plan of hers to celebrate my BILs birthday.


MIL: Okay. He doesn't want a party but we're throwing him one anyway since it'll be his 40th. 

SIL: But how do we throw him off? 

MIL: I'll send out an email saying I want it to get together on March 27th. Then you both (SIL and the Hubs) will respond that you can't make it that day and suggest the next weekend. That's Easter weekend, so say we can celebrate both. 

SIL: Okay. 

Hubs: Okay. 

MIL: That'll throw him off. So when S (BIL's wife) takes him out to dinner on the 27th he won't think anything of it since we'll all be getting together the next weekend.


Fine and dandy right?

But that's not the way it worked out....


MIL's email sent Mar12th @ 8:11am

Can we celebrate D's birthday on March 27th?

Let me know if that works for you, we'll let D pick the restaurant.


BIL's email sent Mar12th @ 8:17am

Sounds good to me, I don’t think we have plans that day.  I was thinking Tepanyaki, but maybe Oregano’s or Macayo’s would be better.  I’ll let you know.


Hubs email sent Mar12th @ 6:38pm

No can do on the 27th.  It's opening day for baseball and there are events most of the afternoon.  Let's do the following weekend.


MIL's email sent Mar12th @ 10:41pm

Bummer!  The following weekend is Easter.  We can have Easter dinner here early on Sunday, April 4.  Or plan b would be to just do Saturday, April 3 (we could also toast to the wedding anniversary couple).  We'll make it work, sorry it just won't be 3-27.

Just let me know about the following weekend and what your plans are.


BIL's email sent Mar13th @ 9:47am

We're going to S's mom's Easter probably.

We can just do 3-27 and catch up with the C clan (Hubs, me and the kids) in the spring.


Yeah. Our part of the "family" got kicked to the curb. For someone who supposedly didn't want any type of party, my BIL didn't protest much, eh? And where the heck was my SIL's response in all this that she couldn't make the gathering either? She had all day on March 12th to chime in.

The Hubs is totally staying out of it now. He did his "part" in the whole ploy just like his Mom asked. Too bad his sister didn't follow through. But we're not surprised about it.

The Hubs now knows how "important" we are in his brother's eyes. Yeah. Kick us to the curb. We got the message. Maybe now the Hubs knows how I feel whenever when I'm with his family...

No comments: