Monday, March 22, 2010

So the verdict is?

I'm now on an acid reducing medicine for the next month.


For the last 10 days I've had an acidic feel at the back of my throat. Then last Thursday I started getting a cough. I don't have a cold. No congestion whatsoever. Just that icky taste at the back of my throat.

So last night I concluded that a visit to the doc was necessary. My throat felt raw and irritated. I kept on having to swallow because it felt like stuff was accumulating at the back of my throat. I know it sounds gross, but that's what I was going through. I barely got any sleep because I was so worried about my health.

I called at 8:05am, just after the office opened. My regular doc wasn't in but the other doc had an opening at 9am. Funny was that I had just turned onto my street and was about to open the garage door when I was talking to the appointment setter. I quickly made a U-turn and headed back out.

I had a nice thorough discussion with the doc and she agreed that it does sound like just an acid issue. She prescribed the "medium" strength stuff to get my stomach acid in check quickly. This way my throat would heal up. If I don't feel better in a couple weeks, then I'm supposed to call my doc back to get some tests done.

[sigh]

I'm just so glad we've got good health care coverage. Thankful I'm able to see a doc when I'm sick/not feeling well. I don't have to wait days to get something taken care of.

No comments: