Thursday, April 1, 2010

Silence is not golden right now

It's 3:08am.

Yes.

That's the current time as I tap away on my keyboard.

I woke up at 12:32am.

Because I was coughing.

And I am still awake.

DAMN this acid reflux.

Thankfully, I went to bed at 9:30pm so I got a good 3 hours of sleep.

Tomorrow I'm calling my doc to see if I can come in for a follow-up on this acid reflux.

Because DAMN this medication (omeprazole) is definitely not doing the trick.

Could I possibly have some other issue that this medication isn't addressing?

THAT is what I want to find out.

I wonder if they'll suggest I get one of those endoscopies done. You know, where they put a tube that has a small camera on the end down your throat?

I'm still having the acid.

I'm coughing at night.

If I'm coughing then I'm not getting enough rest.

Not getting enough rest makes my blood pressure go up.

Ay-yay-yay!

Calling doc's office @ 8am.

Now...let me try to lie down AGAIN so I can get (hopefully) 2 more hours of sleep.

No comments: