Thursday, April 1, 2010

What's next for my health?

So if you've been reading, then you know that I'm having gastric issues.

It's not fun.

A month ago I figured that the acid reflux would go away, but I was wrong. It only got worse. I ended up with a sore throat because of all the acid. Ugh!

So I went to the doc last Monday (Mar 22). And I was prescribed Omeprazole (the medical term for the medication you might know as Prilosec) to be taken once per day. But if I didn't get any relief, I could increase the dosage to 2x per day. I stayed at one per day for the first few days. But last Thursday, I went up to 2x per day because I was still having some acid. Sorry to say but this medication didn't work for me. It gave me a small bit of relief but the acid is still coming. All. Day. Long.

But last night was the last straw. Waking up at 12:30am. Not being able to get to sleep until 3:30am or so. All the while I could hear my tummy gurgling and making a fuss. It was not fun. So that's why I called the doc's office today to find out what ELSE I could take to get some relief. As of today (Apr 1), I'm on Nexium once a day.

Hopefully this med will do the trick for me. Calm my stomach. Allow my throat to heal. Let me get some darn sleep.

Anyone else having to deal with gastric issues? Have you found YOUR magic pill?

No comments: