Thursday, April 8, 2010

The things you see when searching for a job

Searching for a job is oftentimes stressful.

You're searching for a new path.

A new lease on life.

A way to earn some dinero to put food on the table.

But sometimes?

You've got to find humor in the endeavor.

You just HAVE to.

And tonight?

I found the funniest job posting I've ever seen:
-----------------

We are currently interviewing for a personal assistant position. The ideal candidate will have the following:

- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to learn and take on new responsibilities quickly
- Massage training (desirable)
- Self motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Punctual
- Comfortable in social situations, such as client dinners
- Detail oriented
- Able to travel 50-75% of the time with valid passport
- Have reliable transportation

The compensation will include among other things:

- 3 weeks paid time off
- 401K matching
- Medical and dental
- Flex time

Please include a resume, along with a bullet point cover letter of each job requirement indicating why you would be an ideal candidate.

Compensation: $75,000 / yr 



-----------------
Did it tickle YOUR funny bone?

$75,000 a year for a personal assistant?

Granted, this person will be traveling between 50-75% of the time.

And this person will be getting some free meals out of it too since there's a requirement to be "comfortable in social situations".

I've got say that the THREE WEEKS PAID TIME OFF is very alluring.


But a "bullet point cover letter"? Isn't that a bit much?

Needless to say, I don't have any kind of official "massage training". But I'm sure my Dad would vouch for me on how strong my hands are and that I give a pretty good massage. For an amateur.

Now do YOU qualify for the job?

No comments: