Thursday, July 29, 2010

Getting things in order

This Saturday I pick up the keys to our new place. Can you believe it?

I can move in on Sunday, August 1st.

AGH!

I just can't believe that the time to move out of my parents' house is almost here.

That our stuff will be here not this weekend. Not next weekend. But the weekend after that.

THAT is when we'll be officially moving into our new place.

Until then?

I'll just be bringing the smaller stuff over from my folks' place.

But I am super amazed that the time is practically upon us.

We definitely have to move before the school term starts. That'll sneak up on me in no time. The last week in August will be a CRAZY one.

Yes.

I did register the kids in school.

Unfortunately, they aren't going to be attending the one that's within walking distance from our townhouse.

They'll be attending the one that's a little over 2 miles from the townhouse.

Why?

Because the one near us is impacted.

Totally full!

So they'll go the next closest school.

But it's a good thing.

Really.


There won't be a whole MASS of kids like the other school which had over 600 students.

The kids' new school will have less than 200 AND it's only be open for 2 years.

So fewer kids with not a long history? That'll make it easier for my kids to make friends, you know? The Bear won't have any issues making new friends, but the Princess is just so shy (like I was when I was her age). [sigh] We'll see how things go.

Anyway, things are starting to happen. And I'm excited and nervous about it all.

I'll be with the kids in a new place all by myself. That is until the Hubs finds a job here. And he will. I know he'll find one. It's just a matter of time.

No comments: