Friday, September 3, 2010

We made it through!

I'm happy as a clam.

The kids and I made it through this full week of school.

It had it's difficult moments.

Like when my son brought home a wet backpack. And when he pulled out a paper I needed to sign out of his backpack, the lower half of the paper was shredded. Destroyed. Ay-yay-yay!

Like when my daughter forgot her spiral notebook that had all her notes & rough drafts of a 7-paragraph that was due the next day. It was something that they'd been assigned the very first day of class. They had a week to finish it. And my daughter? She had to finish it in one night. THAT was not pretty.

It had some good moments.

Like when I spoke with my son's teacher and she and I laughed about how my son's expressions can just crack us both up.

Like when my daughter mentioned that her teacher read her poem out loud to the class. When I read the poem? I could see why the teacher read it. The poem was beautiful!

But I've cooked the kids dinner every night. No take-out at all! Yeah for me! This is a HUGE accomplishment for me. We did eat later than we used to. Around 6pm rather than between 5-5:30pm but that was okay. They just relaxed and talked about their day while I cooked. So it was good.

Tonight I made tonight a tiny celebration. I made tacos, which the kids love. Before I picked the kids up I rented some DVD's and bought popcorn. We had an at-home movie night! It was really fun to just cuddle up on the couch with them with no homework to think about. Nothing due. No where to go. Just cuddle. [sigh]

Of course, they stayed up later than usual. And they'll hopefully sleep in. Wait. I know my daughter will sleep in as long as possible. She IS my husband's daughter. But my son? He'll probably wake up by 6am. ARGH! But I wrote him a little note about what he's allowed to do when he wakes up. Just so that he knows, you know?

How about you? How was your week?

No comments: