- The kids had Veteran's Day off on Thursday and spent the day at my Mom's house.
- Living in a military town, I saw many a flag flying at people's homes. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED seeing that display of support for our veterans.
- The kids also had the day after Veteran's Day off. The school district decided to give the kids a 4-day weekend.
- Do these people realize that the kids will have TWO 4-day weekends this month?
- What's crazier is that the kids have half days all this week because of parent-teacher conferences scheduled for every afternoon.
- Thankfully, I was able to schedule my kids' conferences for the same day so I only need to leave work early once. My son's is at 3pm, while my daughter's is at 3:20pm.
- Living in a military town, I saw many a flag flying at people's homes on Veteran's Day. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED seeing that display of support for our veterans.
- I talked to the kids about how their Papa (my Dad), their Tata (my FIL), their grand-Uncles (my FIL's brothers), their uncle (my BIL), their psuedo-uncle (my BIL's BIL) and their father all served in the military.
- I think it's important to remind the kids of how their own family has supported our country.
- I actually got all the laundry done yesterday. Usually I've got lingering bits that I end up doing on Sunday. But I guess that's what I can get accomplished by spending an entire day basically at home.
- Work has been a bit crazy. The genius decision makers chose NOT to replace the lead in our group. Her job has been divided in between the 3 of us that reported to her.
- When the lead was here, I just had enough time to get MY work done. Now I've got 1/3 of her workload to carry. I've definitely got to talk to management to let them know that I've got to log in some overtime EVERY week to get things done.
- The kids and I visited a new grocery store this week. The chain store that's near my Mom's house is nice. The same chain store across the freeway from where we now live isn't quite up to the same standard. It was a bit dirty. The lighting was dull. The produce wasn't up to par. Even the eggs weren't stocked. I don't think I'll be going there again.
- I did find one great buy though. A value pack of stew meat. It was only $13 and it had enough beef to make 4 meals for us.
- I rinsed off and portioned out the meat when I got home. I left two bags of meat as is and threw them into the freezer. I cut up the rest of the cubes into smaller strips and put some Teriyaki marinade into the other 2 bags.
- I bought 2 big cans of pumpkin pure and 4 cans of evaporated milk. That's enough for four pumpkin pies! I can also make some pumpkins pancakes or pumpkin bread/muffins. YUM!
- I found some powdered Pumpkin Spice non-dairy creamer that I'll use at work to bring a bit of the holidays into my environment to hopefully keep me sane.
- I can't bring any refrigerated flavored creamer into work because we've got awful people who USE things that don't belong to them. Yes. We've got THOSE kind at work.
- Two guys I know are running a half marathon this morning. Both inspire me. They're both fathers with busy jobs and still have time to train!
- My sister is already planning on what half marathons she's running next year. She wants to do SIX of them with the first one in January.
- While we were having lunch my sister was trying to figure out how she was going to fit in her training. With Daylight Savings it's WAY TOO DARK after work to go for a run.
- I looked at her and told her that she should plan on bringing her stuff in and run at lunch every Mon/Wed/Fri and take her long/hill runs on the weekends. She decided to start with Tues/Thurs runs at lunch. I'm glad I'm supporting her in her endeavor.
- I made the kids cinnamon rolls for breakfast. They're now playing Wii for a little while before we all get ready for church.
- We're going to spend the afternoon with my younger sister and her family at the park.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Life in bullet points
I can't seem to get anything enlightening composed about my life right now. I'm seeing things as tasks and accomplishments. So here's my life as of late in bullets.
Posted by Grace at 9:20 AM