Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thank you for your service

Today is a special day.

Today is one where honor our military.

Some people might think today is an inconvenience because they have to figure out what to do with their kids (whoa re out of school).

But me?

I find today to be one where I will continually be thinking about our military.

The men and women who keep our nation safe.

Those who help maintain the freedoms we so enjoy.

The ability to browse forever at the neighborhood book store.

The ability to run to the nearest Starbucks and get a drink however you want.

The ability to go to the mall and pick up a needed item or frivolous want.

Those men and women who are in the military sacrifice their lives so that we can lead our way of life.

So that we have a CHOICE to live our lives the way we want.

Today?

I take a public moment to praise all those who have served in military.

To praise those who are currently in the military.

To praise the families of those who serve or have served in the military.

And deep heartfelt appreciation to those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to our country.

I wave a flag on my balcony to honor you all.

My heart goes out to each and every one of you for what you do.

No comments: