Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

Loads of folks seem to party it up on New Year's Eve.

I overheard many people today at work talking about their plans for this evening.

Me?

When I was young I was never one for going out and getting crazy.

And that basic tradition has continue now that I'm married with kids.



How did we celebrate?

We picked up some new DVDs after I got off work, had pizza for dinner, and then popcorn with M&M's while we watched movies.

The kids have been in bed since 9pm.

It's now 10:25pm and I'm about to head up to bed to read.

I am just tired.

The past couple of weeks have been B-U-S-Y at work. I'm still trying to catch up on things.

So now that it's the night before the weekend?

I take that opportunity to sleep in.

REST.

That's important to me.

It's basically the only day that I can really sleep in late. Usually until 8am.

And even though it's the last day of 2010, I'm not changing our Friday routine.

I wasn't running around like a maniac trying to get dinner together and monitor homework at the same time.

I was just spending time with them.

I think it's important.

Don't you?

Now how wild & crazy did YOU get tonight?

No comments: