Wednesday, December 29, 2010

We're back

Home again...home again...jig-a-dee-jig!!!

Yes.

We're home!

We've been away for a little bit.

The Hubby came in on an airplane last Wednesday.

We drove out together on Thursday out to where his parents live.

No.

We didn't stay at his parents house.

We stayed at a hotel like we normally do.



My Mom doesn't understand why we do this.

But for us, the hotel is the best way to go when we go out there for a few days.

This time around the Hubby and I did question our decision.

We arrived on Thursday after a 6 1/2 hour drive out.

We actually dropped the kids off at my BIL's around 6pm.

The Hubby and I went out for dinner. Alone. Without the kids. [happy dance]

We ended up going to sleep around 11pm.

The Hubby got up around 12:30am and looked out the window because there was something that sounded like a lawnmower outside.

Around 12:45am, I rolled over and picked up the phone.

"Give it to me" said the Hubby.

He asked for the phone AFTER I picked up the phone to find out what the heck was going on.

I handed him the phone and he talked to the front desk.

There was some guy cleaning the parking lot.

Yes.

He was using a pressure washing machine that made a TON of noise.

And then we both got back into bed.

Around 1:10am, I rolled over again and picked up the phone.

Yes.

The noise was still going on.

The front desk said the work would be done soon.

The noise?

It finally stopped at 1:30am.

And me?

I didn't fall back to sleep until about 2:30am.

ARGH!

Can you believe it?

The only saving grace for this hotel was that they comped us totally for that first night stay.

Needless to say?

The Hubby won't be making any reservations to THAT particular hotel in the future.

Here's the area the guy's machine was located -- see the residual water still out there at 7am?

No comments: