Tuesday, December 21, 2010

When it rains, it pours

It's been raining, raining, raining down here in Southern California.

This part of the state is not made to handle a ton of water.

Yes.

It's strange because we're right next to the Pacific Ocean.

SoCal is not built to handle lots of rain.

The streets are slick.

The lanes aren't marked very well.

There's tons of construction making the roadways wider.

It's pretty much a nightmare driving to and from work.

And it's not just the roadways that can't handle the rain.

The buildings and homes in SoCal aren't made to handle this much rain.

It's not just the less than sturdy way that things are built.

It's the way that homeowners don't perform standard maintenance on their roofs.

And guess what?

I'm in an industry that is affected by the rain.

The last two days I've done as much work as I normally do in a week.

That's right.

The last two days I've been swamped. S-W-A-M-P-E-D!

What's even better [hear the sarcasm?] is that the other guy was on vacation yesterday and then called in SICK today.

Sick?

Ay-yay-yay!

I'm sure he was just hung over from the long weekend.

He's such a lazy butt!


But what's been getting me through?


Is that tomorrow is my Friday!


After tomorrow, I'll be off until Tuesday!


Ha-ha-ha!

And lazy butt?

He's going to have to cover my work.

[shaking with laughter]

And my stuff is WAY more complicated than his.

He's gonna be tearing his hair out because he's also going to have to answer all the calls and find answers for folks.

My girls are gonna be at him like crazy to get their stuff.

Hmmm...maybe I'll call in sick next Tuesday????

No comments: