Saturday, December 18, 2010

Lazy days are good

You know what I'm talking about, right?

Today wasn't the most beautiful day outside.

Cloudy? Check.

Drizzly? Check.

Cold? Check.

And there were a couple loads of laundry that I needed to get completed.

It was the perfect day to stay home. ALL. DAY.



That's right.

The kids and I stayed at home and inside for the entire day.

I threw some stew together into a crockpot around 9am this morning because I knew I wouldn't be in the mood to "make" something tonight.

And now it's 5:52pm and we're almost ready to sit down and eat.

I did finish the laundry.

I even took a nice long nap (since I didn't sleep in this morning).

The kids played wii nicely together while I crashed out on the couch.

We're just waiting for the rolls to brown up in the oven.

Tomorrow will be an outside day for sure.

We'll head out and meet my Mom at church.

Hopefully my sister and her brood will be there too. 

Most likely we'll go out to lunch.

By the time we get home it'll probably be 2pm or so.

Yeah. We hang out and talk for a long while.

It'll be like our lazy day today but we'll be out.

We all need lazy days.

To refresh ourselves.

Because we're just all SO busy nowadays.

Especially during this holiday season.

No comments: