Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Life has bogged me down

Even though I haven't been updating in quite a while, I'm still here.

If I do get on the internet, I'm reading up on what's happening with you all.

I don't have the need to write anything right now.

My mind is cluttered.

So much to do.

Not enough time.

Just being a "single" parent has me busy, busy, busy.



The hubby was the "single" parent in May when the kids were finishing up school and I was already out here.

He was BUSHED after those 3 1/2 weeks alone doing it all.

I've been doing it alone for 4 1/2 months.

And my hat is off to all you actual single parents.

[whew]

Going to work.

Getting kids to and from school.

Cleaning the house.

Doing laundry.

Making breakfast.

Packing lunches.

Making dinner.

Going grocery shopping.

Checking and helping with homework.

It's a non-stop ride all day.

The only "me" time I get is the hour or so after the kids are in bed.

Sure. Sure. I'm alone when I'm in bed, but I'm asleep so it's not the same.

Every morning, it's get-up-and-go.

I don't and can't slow down until the kids are safely snoozing away in their warm beds.

Okay. Okay. I do make time to take an hour-long afternoon snooze on the couch while they're playing on the computer and/or watching tv. That's my only weekly indulgence.

So like I said...

I'm here but I'm just not writing so much.

I may regroup and think about writing more regularly in January.

The holidays are just scrambling my brain.

I don't know what I'm going to do.

Today I just bought my first present. I've got about 15 more to buy.

Now how am I going to fit all that in???? Hmmm....

No comments: