Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Party or no party?

My friends and I have been talking about the holidays and what our companies are doing to celebrate the season.

One friend was lamenting about how his dress-up evening party didn't have an open bar.

Uh....

He and his wife got to get dressed up for a date night.

They were getting a free dinner.

They had 3 drink coupons each.

I don't see a problem there.

Do you?


Now my own company?

We're having a holiday breakfast.

Yes.

A company breakfast.

At work.

First I was kind of perturbed that it was just going to be a breakfast.

But then they told us that we'd get to leave work at noon.

And today?

I found out that whoever was actually at work would be in the running for raffle prizes.

Raffle prizes you say?

You'd think it was the typical $25 gift card to Target or Best Buy.

I have to reply that it's a big NO.

These are going to be actual prizes.

P-R-I-Z-E-S!!!!

A digital camera.

A Kindle.

Actually TWO Kindles are up for grabs.

And there's a flat screen tv.

Yes!

So I guess that instead of having a big party, they're giving us some NICE gifts.

Woohoo!

How is YOUR company celebrating the season?

No comments: