Monday, March 14, 2011

An extra day at home

It's Monday around 1:47pm and I'm home.

Typically I'd be typing away at my computer at work with stacks of papers strategically placed around me.

Today I'm home.

I woke up at 5am and I knew from the get-go that I didn't feel well.

Dry throat.

Dry nasal passages.

Then some intermittent nasal drip.

Fuzzy feeling in my head

I thought possibly drinking a bunch of water would ease the dizziness I also felt.

But that definitely didn't help, although I was hydrated sufficiently after coughing off and on all night.

At 6am, I left voicemails for my boss and my boss' boss (who I also help out daily).

Woke my kids at 7am and got them to school by 8:15 am.

Then I back home, changed back into some comfy jammies, ate some breakfast, and crashed out on the couch.

I didn't wake up until almost 11am.

Now I'm watching/listening to the first season of The Tudors (via Netflix) while I'm on the couch resting.

I may take another nap in a little bit.

It's just so nice to be able to rest and try to recover from whatever this bug is.

I hope all of you are feeling well.

No comments: