Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Timing is everything

I drove 6 hours after working a half-day on Friday to get to my in-laws house.

The Hubs planned on meeting us at his parents' house.

I called the Hubs when we were 3 hours from his parents' house.

Estimated arrival time?

Between 7:30pm-8pm.

The kids and I got there about 7:35pm.

What timing, right?

As I grabbed a couple things from the trunk, I sent the kids up to the front door.

When I got to the door, the kids were still standing outside.

I asked the Bear to ring again and then knock.

He did.

Let me just tell you it was about 110* outside.

I'm tired.

The kids are tired.

No one is answering the door.

I dug into my purse and grabbed my cell.

I had the Princess call my MIL.

Turns out that she and my FIL were not at home.

That's right folks.

NO ONE WAS HOME.

Thankfully we were able to get in via the garage after they gave us the code.

We got inside, grabbed some water, and sprawled on the couches.

Not 10 minutes later, the doorbell rang.

The Hubs made it.

I opened the door.

He came in and realized that his parents were no where to be seen.

The kids told him that his folks weren't home. The Princess said that she thought they were at a party. Say what?

Anyway, about 20 minutes later they showed up.

Now let me just say that this same kind of situation happened when we drove and were staying at my parents' house.

The Hubs was so ticked off that no one was home.

But now that the same situation happened with his family? He didn't seem to mind. Funny how things work when the shoe is on the other foot. I guess his side can do no wrong in his eyes. Kind of like the way his entire family thinks. [sigh]

No comments: