Saturday, July 7, 2012

Our last free weekend

This is our last full weekend here in SoCal.

Next weekend, we'll be moving back to the desert.

I can't believe that we'll be moving already!

Today I went into full swing on packing. The house is in shambles. I've got stuff all over the place to get organized. In the two years we've been here, stuff has been strewn all over the house. I mean, it's not like the house has been a mess for two years. I've got band-aids in 3 different parts of the house. The cough syrup and Benadryl are in one cabinet upstairs, while the Tylenol and Motrin are in a cabinet downstairs. So I'm a mission to get as many similar items into one box/container.

You should SEE my sons closet! It's empty! All his clothes in containers -- even what was in his drawers. I even boxed up all his toys!

But I make sure to get some stuff that we need to use immediately at the new place into boxes. You know, bed linens and towels for each of us? Then the kids are putting a couple days essentials into their small duffles.

I am definitely tired right now. Tired but excited. Tired but nervous. Anxious too. It's been a long road along but soon enough we'll be back to a family of four.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like you're moving back in with Hubs? Wishing the best of luck for your future as a family again.

Grace said...

Thank you for the well wishes. It won't be an easy road, but we don't want to give up on "us".