Monday, July 27, 2009

A sad loss

As most of you know, I'm registered on the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) Registry.

I joined the list because of one person. Michelle. I've posted about her a few times.

I am sad to announce that Michelle lost her battle early Saturday morning.

Here is the initial YouTube that got me motivated to register.


Here is a slide show one of her friends put together of Michelle's last vacation with her friends and loved ones.


Michelle was an inspiration. You could just see that she loved living. She loved her family. She loved her husband. There was a strength behind her laughing eyes. Such love behind her smile. The light that she was will not extinguish but continue on in those that she inspired. Those that she knew in person. And those (like me) who were moved by her courage.

No comments: